Updated August 2015
Currently a Full Time contributor to The Hindu. If you have any enquiries, please write to me at lavsmohan [at] gmail [dot] com
I've been a full time contributor with The Hindu from August 2015 - I write a column for Metroplus Melange, "Spoiler Alert", on television shows, and other stories of general interest.
- Waiter, There's a Fly in My Bill! - An overview of taxes and charges that you pay in restaurants in Chennai.
- A Beginner's Guide To Income Tax - A basic primer on filing your Income Tax Returns
- Tweet, Tweet! - On Twitter
- The New Address For Shopping - On how Facebook is changing e-commerce
- Chasing Dreams - On young people opting for off-beat careers
- The Social Experiment - Thoughts on staying away from Twitter for a week
- A Ghost in Every Page - Reviewed Jonathan Stroud's newest book, "The Screaming Staircase"
- 25 Judgement Free Reads For The Summer (June 2015)
- Curated the Chennai section of their Hip City Guide for 2013 (August 2013 Issue)
Architectural Digest India, March-April 2015
"Artisan's Atelier" - A feature for Architectural Digest India on Vastrakala, the embroidery house founded Frenchman Jean-Francois Lesage and his partners, and how it is living up to it's Indian and French origins.
I have contributed regularly to the "Lifestyle" section at PopXO, India's biggest online space for women. You can read my posts, here.
I was a freelance contributor for Buzzfeed. My posts can be seen here.
- Art Beats - I covered Ashvita & Forum Art Gallery
- From Chennai With Lavvu - On why Masala Movies aren't necessarily a bad thing
- Oh, Those Jerks We Call Heroes - On Heroes & Harassment.
- 50 Shades of Blue - On Fountain Pen Nostalgia